Trainings usually run 50 minutes each (but length can be varied based on your needs). We can also create custom trainings for your specific needs.
Trainings for Engaging Specific Populations
- Removing Workplace Closet Doors: Creating a LGBTQ Inclusive Law Firm – Understand who is included in the LGBTQ community. Explanation of common terminology and the difference between “sex” and “gender.” Practical steps for creating an inclusive workplace. Ryann Peyton, Director, Colorado Attorney Mentoring Program, is presenting this program.
- Engaging White Men – Learn the steps for engaging white men to become allies and champions for diversity.
- Generational Diversity – Overview of the different generations in the work force, discussion on how each is unique and how each generation can work optimally with each other.
- Women in the Legal Profession – comparison of women and men in the legal profession, and why D/I initiatives are needed.
- Engaging Practice Group Leaders and Mid-level Managers in Your D/I Efforts – Learn what issues prevent PGL/MLM from fully participating in D/I initiatives and the methods to help them become full partners in the initiatives.
Diversity and Inclusiveness Trainings
- Intercultural Competency and You – assess your intercultural competency and learn ways you can increase your competency. This is a two-part session: group meeting and one-on-one sessions with participants. As this is a third-party assessment tool, there is an additional fee.
- Facing the Third Rail of Diversity Metrics and Assessments – Learn to embrace the third rail, ie metrics, assessments, evaluations, and use those results to foster and inspire positive change in the workplace.
- Be the Guide! Help Your Diverse Associates with Effective Mentoring – Learn how to counsel your diverse associates based on information from diverse attorneys and PD professionals and discuss best practices on ways firm leaders, practice group leaders and associate supervisors can effectively advise diverse attorneys.
- Diversity & Inclusion 101 – Definition and comparison of the two terms and why both are important, particularly in the legal profession.
- Diversity = Better Work Product – Understand how the introduction of diversity affects group dynamics, communication and even how we think about our own ideas, ultimately leading to better results and better work product. This presentation will be given by CLI board member, Lisa Mickley, a member of Hall & Evans.
- Diversity in the Legal Profession – comparison of the legal profession with other professions, what other professions are doing and why D/I initiatives are needed.
- Effectively Using the Inclusiveness Manual – an overview of the manual, and how to use it to meet your needs.
- Hidden Barriers and Bias – Discussion on barriers/bias that impact the workplace. Definition of explicit and implicit bias and how everyone is affect and how best to address the bias(es) once known.
- Understanding Microinequities: The Path to Cultural Effectiveness – Understand implicit biases, the origin of micro-inequities, implications for the legal profession and actions that individuals can take to raise awareness of their own implicit biases. This presentation will be given by CLI board member, Patty Powell, Founder of Counsel for Counsel, LLC.