Michiko “Miko” Brown is an exemplary leader advancing diversity and creating cultures of inclusion in her firm, Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell LLP and the Denver-metro legal community.
Miko has been recognized for her efforts in diversity and inclusion, including:
- Colorado Super Lawyers – recognized for Civil Litigation Defense, named one of the Top 100 Lawyers and Top 50 Women Lawyers in the state
- Denver Business Journal – finalist for Outstanding Women in Business, 2015 & 2016
- Law Week Colorado, November 7, 2016 issue, “Strength From Diversity”
She is an active member in the legal community, and her support in creating diverse and inclusive workplaces are seen with her involvement with:
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association (APABA) of Colorado, current President and former Treasurer
- Center for Legal Inclusiveness, Board Member
- Colorado Women’s College at the University of Denver, Law and Society Program, Advisor
- University of Colorado Law School, “The Challenges and Opportunities for Women in Law,” Presenter
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, “Leaky Pipeline,” Panelist
- Women in the Mix, Board of Advisors
Additionally, Miko is a mentor and champion to many women and minority law students seeking perspective and guidance. On average, she receives two-three calls per month from students and never turns anyone down. Miko’s commitment and achievements span years. She and WTO were recognized in 2014 when they received the MCCA George B. Vashon Innovator Award for D&I initiatives. Miko was recognized for the firm’s breakout program, the Women in Leadership Lecture Series (WILLS), which challenged the firm to rethink what constitutes effective business development and mentorship—for women. WTO hosts WILLS events three-four times a year. As a result of WILLS, ten new clients have engaged Miko. Through these engagements, Miko has created opportunities for numerous younger diverse lawyers to work on high-quality litigation matters and establish relationships with prominent in-house attorneys. She has parlayed the success and recognition WILLS has achieved into a national platform to meet other women leaders and lawyers in decision-making positions.
Please join us at the Ball for All gala on Saturday, February 18th to learn the recipients of the Inclusiveness@Work awards. You may purchase your tickets online.