As their title suggests, this organization is interested in making a change, globally, by focusing on first-generation college students, an underrepresented group which can make a different in society if given opportunities that GlobalMindED is seeking to provide. GlobalMindED is the first U.S conference of its caliber that brings first-generation college students together with educators, industry professionals, global entrepreneurs, policy makers, and the nonprofit sector to promote access and opportunity for college and workplace success. Annually, GlobalMindED hosts a conference with professional development workshops and an internship fair to benefit first-generation students and those with whom they work. The conference allows students to explore various professional opportunities and gives its partners access to top-tier students and graduates while making invaluable industry connections that will help to revolutionize education in the United States and worldwide. This holistic and collaborative approach will have a positive long-term impact. GlobalMindED convenes uncommon collaborators in education, business, STEM, government, and the nonprofit sector to address one of our nation’s most pressing issues: increasing access and opportunity for first-generation students. The primary goal is to bring first-generation students together with educators and professionals who are dedicated to helping them succeed in academia and the workplace.
It’s objectives are:
- Increase access and opportunity for first-generation college students through relationship building, internship opportunities, and general success
- Pay special attention to increasing opportunities and access to STEM-related majors and careers for first generation students and women.
- Bring together the world’s authorities on education, economics, health, and business
- Hear the voices of policy experts who will define innovative ways to improve education for our lowest performing and least resourced students
- Feature outstanding first-generation speakers and panelists who are changing the world through cutting edge technologies and ideas.
- Emphasize that our nation’s future economic abundance is linked to educating today’s students for tomorrow’s complex jobs
- Broaden the perspective of every professional and student participant from the local to the global – in education and careers – as we emphasize the world’s interconnectivity.
GlobalMindED’s biggest event is its annual conference which benefits educators and students in multiple, lasting ways. GlobalMindED gives educators tools necessary to prepare their students to be successful after graduating. Students are given the networks, critical skills, and relationships necessary for success on the global stage. Professionals are given the opportunity to network with other experts and leaders in innovation to produce cutting-edge strategies for student success. Attendees are able to propose their ideas to help solve challenges within the modern education system. GlobalMindED is about having a collective impact on students who want to succeed at a time when our country needs them to succeed.
Please join us at the Ball for All gala on Saturday, February 18th to learn the recipients of the Inclusiveness@Work awards. You may purchase your tickets online.