Posted August 8, 2017
The Paralegal works with attorneys during all phases of the litigation process from the beginning of a case to the discovery period, through trial and post-trial findings and appeals. This position reports to the Litigation Practice Group Leader and the Managing Attorney of the Denver office. The regular hours for this position are 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize documents and coordinate the production of documents using Bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing.
- Electronically scan and properly categorize/name documents.
- Conduct document searches and factual research from a variety of resources.
- Create and maintain internal databases.
- Prepare witness materials and assist in case preparation.
- Prepare for depositions by organizing exhibits and gathering needed materials.
- Prepare pleadings and other court filings; assist in the preparation and filing of all court documents.
- Maintain and oversee the ordering of transcripts from reporting services and fulfilling requests from outside counsel.
- Prepare for and attend trial, including coordinating trial set-up and organizing files and taking notes in court.
Essential Job Specifications/Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency in Relativity and CaseMap
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours/a flexible schedule to accommodate projects as needed, especially during trial periods
- Ability to work well with others within the firm and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of electronic court filing procedures and rules for state and federal courts
- Professional demeanor
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Education and/or Experience:
- A Paralegal Certificate or 4-year Degree in Paralegal/Legal Assistant Studies is preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant in a law firm environment
Please apply on the website: http://www.armstrongteasdale.com/Professional-Staff/
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.