What is Journey to JD (J2JD)?
- One-week residential program, June 24-30, 2018, at the University of Denver, for 20 rising high school juniors.
- Students will gain a basic understanding of the legal system and empower them to explore the possibilities of a career in the law.
- Students will be supported, mentored, and encouraged to attend college, law school, and pursue legal opportunities in Colorado.
- Starting in January 2018, applications will be welcomed from any student in Colorado interested in the law. Selection committee will identify promising students from a variety of backgrounds, particularly those who are under‐represented in the legal profession.
What will J2JD Provide to Students?
- Interactive and engaging learning opportunities:
- Classroom discussion led by law school faculty and law students.
- Field trips which highlight different careers and opportunities in the legal profession.
- Presentations of legal concepts by students.
- Mentorship and access to resources to assist students with college preparation upon completion of program.
How Can I Help?
Submit an Application: If you are a rising junior (will be graduating from high school in 2019) residing in Colorado, you are eligible to apply. Return to this page in January 2018 to complete the application.
Help Spread the Word: We want to encourage as many students as possible to apply. Please share this page with eligible students. Applications will be available in January 2018.
Become a Sponsor: Multiple levels are available with all sponsors recognized on the registration materials and during the closing event. Gold and Platinum sponsors will also appear on Program T-shirts. Purchase a sponsorship here.