Our programs are innovative because of our unique approach.
- Holistic. We consider the challenges of diversity and inclusion in the legal profession across the career spectrum, from pipeline to recruiting to retention and advancement.
- Collaborative. We’ve been at the center of a network of organizations advancing diversity in the profession for over a decade. We intentionally collaborate with these organizations to ensure that the best solutions are available, accessible, effective, and celebrated.
- Facilitative. We support not only diverse attorneys but their organizations’ leaders with tackling the nuances of creating inclusive workplaces. Whereas some of our partner organizations are making strides in the corporate sector, many of our programs also address firms and the distinct dynamics they face.
“CLI provides invaluable opportunities for attorneys to develop experience and foster key relationships in legal and business communities. While I was still a first-year attorney at a law firm, an innovative CLI initiative gave me the opportunity to office directly with the legal department of a multi-billion dollar health system spanning hundreds of care facilities in multiple states. In addition to providing a window into how in-house counsel engage and hire law firms, this experience allowed me to partner directly with business executives, work with healthcare compliance specialists, and draft reports for presentation to the board of directors.”
Martin J. Estavao, Associate, Armstrong Teasdale LLP
We provide a range of networking opportunities for legal professionals, allowing them to build the relationships that are necessary to further their careers:
- Rocky Mountain Diversity Legal Career Fair
- Dream Team Events
- Women’s Initiative Working Group
- GC Luncheons
- Annual Ball for All Gala
We offer professional development programs for diverse legal professionals so they can build the skills they need to advance in the workplace:
- CLE Programs
- Legal Inclusiveness and Diversity Summit
- Inclusiveness Institute
- Pitch Program
- Business Development Panels
We provide support for managing attorneys and general counsel to implement diversity initiatives in their workplaces.
Trainings for diversity committees and staff teams as well as one-on-one consultations are available to members and nonmembers. Click here for a list of presentations currently available.
Our members also can access our robust manual, which provides clear steps for organizations to take to retain female and diverse attorneys. You can learn more about CLI membership here.
Sustaining organizational diversity and inclusiveness efforts is easier when you are connected with other organizations that are also on this journey, so we also connect members to support one another:
- GC & MP Roundtables
- Small Firm Working Groups
For Law Students
We offer opportunities for law students to connect with prospective employers, build relationships within the profession, and gain valuable leadership experience while working to increase diversity in the legal profession. Learn more about these opportunities here.