Organizations leaders can create an LGBTQ inclusiveness initiative for employees and community partners. This workshop will discuss ways to remove the closet doors of your organization and move your organization from good intentions to a concerted LGBTQ-inclusive initiative to attract and retain talented LGBTQ employees. This workshop will cover the following topics:
- LGBT 101: Terminology, GLBT history, statistics, gender identity and gender expression paths.
- How to Assess Organizational Inclusiveness: Participants will learn why and how to assess the state of inclusivity in their organization as it pertains to LGBTQ employees. Included in this discussion is how to make the “business case” for LGBTQ inclusivity.
- Practical Toolkit to Remove Institutional Barriers: Learn strategies your organization can employ to attract and retain talented LGBTQ employees, including LGBT-inclusive forms and policies, creating safe environments for employees transitioning gender in the workplace, and an inclusivity analysis of the organization’s physical space.
- Ryann Peyton, Director of CAMP
- Amber Lara, Colorado Attorney